Sunday, September 25, 2011

Well now lets see whats been going on..?

Hi there! 

Last time I wrote I had just been diving and spring was right around the corner (if not already there..?)

anyways, the following week after that was pretty much studies and just hanging around, not doing much. I even remember the weekend as being without adventure. But I could be wrong, check out Andy on the other side of the world and see there (he blogs a lot more than I do).

The weekend after that though was VERY exciting, guess what: I'm now a certified advanced open water diver! Congratulations to me, thank you. The weather for that weekend was good, the forecast had promised better weather but what the heck, especially on sunday. The first day we did a underwater naturalist dive, basically an ordinary dive were you're pretty much just reminded not to mess up the nature down there. The second dive was a deep dive so we hade to go out by boat, took about 20-30 minutes to hit our destination. It was a bit windy and some waves that stirred up water making the sight very low, we had about two meters maybe three when we hit the bottom. We, guided by instructor Pete, descended to first 12 meters and then we followed the reef wall down to 26,9 meters depth. We did some exorcises there just to see if we were nitrogen narced, I wasn't *sad panda*. But anyway we ascended up to seven meters made a stop and then 5 meters and a stop for three minutes. At the surface we met up with the boat again and headed back to land :). The deep dive was actually, in my opinion, a bit scary, mostly because the lack of sight, two meters gets kind of creepy as when you look up and cant see the surface!

Anyway the following day had a lot better conditions, very clear sight, nice warm weather and good company of divers. This day we just did practical exorcises, navigation, peak performance bouyancy and search and recover, a long day of fun diving! Can't wait till next time and to go diving with my darling Carolina who's still back home, *sad panda*. Anyway all the dives went great and now I'm certified to go to deep depths if I want to and so on.

Didn't take any pictures of this trip, but again Andy did, check out his blog if you want to see how awesome it was ;).

The week after that (this one) was really dull, the weather was awesome, but I had to do assignments (still do) wich didn't go as good as I wanted but I feel that I should still pass. Oh and by the way, got my first A on a presentation that Sarah Fitzgibbons and I did, nailed it and got 95% (= A). Good job Sarah and me!

But the friday was awesome, we went on a field trip with the wine class to Yarra Valley, one of the largest winery areas here in Victoria (right?) well close to Melbourne in any case. Pretty famous area. Great nature, beautiful scenery and very VERY nice wines. I let the pictures talk for themselves for a bit :)





























as you can see we had a great time (we drank a lot of wine, maybe like two or three bottles each ;)) 

Yesterday me and Andy walked to the shopping center, arrived before the bus we were thinking of taking there. We got some groceries and then got home. Exciting huh?

That evening we ate a family dinner here in the house, very nice :) we should do that more often!

Today I can only think of my love back home, miss you babe. She was the one who talked me into start writing here again :)

Anyway, thats all for now, take care and I'll try to write more often.

Lots of love
//Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment