Friday, November 25, 2011

Roundup part 2: Last diving with the club

Hey gents and gals!

I decided in the last minute of last thursday, the 17th if I remember correctly, to go diving one last time with the club (at least for now). They were going to do an advance course and had some space open for other divers as well! Lucky me!

So me and Tadd went down a bit later than planned, apparently the drivers were going to be late. We arrived at 11.30 am, the others got there by 2 pm which is when we had planned to start diving. But there's no need to cry about that, so we just dealt with it, packed in the gear and went off ASAP.

We arrived in Rye around 5pm and me and Danish Dennis decided to just do the night dive due to few tanks and the others were doing the course so we went for a beer run and chilled out for a bit, helped out. Had a beer and some food and so on ;)

The night dive was really nice, warm water, lots to see (for me that is, the dane got the crappy torch). We saw some octopus, squid, stings, globe fish and what not. We turned off our torches at some points just to experience the dark around us, it was amazing! I can't remember what it is but when we moved in the dark we could see some glowing dots in the water following our motions, pretty cool! We were in there for an hour but had to end the dive because we needed to pee...


Afterwards we packed our stuff and headed back to Toms cabin for a few drinks, food and a good time! A nice evening indeed!


The day after we were going for a boat dive, unfortunately we missed the tidings (don't ask me how it works because I have no idea... only certain hours of the day makes the reef out there diveable) so we did a drift dive instead! For me that was actually more interesting because I've never done that! It was definitely a cool experience, depth changed a lot during that dive, saw a really big and strange ray (it had some sort of nose?) and mostly crabs. But the fun part of these dives is that you pretty much just let the stream take you forward. We were all hanging on to a rope that was attached to a boyo on the surface so that the boat could find us during the dive. The most astonishing part of this dive was the incredible visibility, around 30m+!!




All in all I only did two dives that weekend, but they were both really good! Can't wait to finally get do dive with my wonderful Carolina! It's going to be LEGEND.... wait for it....

No comments:

Post a Comment